Monday, January 29, 2007

'Paint Pots' and the Sunday Service

This was the scene today at Alva Baptist and as you can see we had a good turnout for 'Paint Pots' and everyone had a great time. If you look closely you'll find Erin in blue and pig tales at the far table. Julie told me Erin acts like she owns the place as when everyone leaves she shows them to the door and tells them goodbye. She has us laughing all the time.

Yesterday the Sunday service was good as we had probably our best turnout so far since we've been there. There's still a real hyper traditional attitude among some of the old guard. Apparently I must have messed up yesterday with the communion because one of the 'old guard' told someone that it was awful. I think I didn't pray at the right time or something so she had a fit. I'm sure I'll hear more about it before too long. Last week we had some people leave in a huff because the service went over time (7 mins.). They were pretty ticked off saying they weren't coming back. I guess these are the challenges of being a pastor, at least some of them anyway. Oh well, you can't please everyone. Stay tuned for my next screw up, maybe you'll get a good laugh from it.
It's kind of sad when you think about it. So many times I've seen people in churches make a big deal over things that don't matter and then totally ignore the stuff that does. Kind of really makes you wonder.

Stay tuned,

Marc


No comments: