Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Homesick Top Ten List

Every once in a while I get slammed with a serious bout of homesickness. Lately it's been pretty intense but has been dulled a bit by all of our recent and current (Kirsten and Brigitta) visitors. Well I thought it might be somewhat theraputic to list my top ten things I miss from home so here it goes.

1. Family (I kind of have to say that eh)
2. Friends (same as above)
3. Church (I guess I'm being really pc here so far)
4. My drums
5. Our house with the basement where I kept my drums
6. Cable TV (ESPN, The Weather Chanel, Fox News and Jim Gardner and the entire Action News Team, Comcast Sportsnet.
7. Beyond the Pale
8. Cheap stuff (everything is cheaper in America, stop whining about the gas, it's over $7. a gallon here).
9. Food (Cheesesteaks, hoagies...reasonably priced reastaurants with good food, etc, etc, etc.
10. Philly Sports (Phillies, Flyers, Eagles....you can have the Sixers). I have had enough of Soccer and Rugby, I just can't take it anymore.

Well, I don't know how theraputic that really was because I'm still thinking of more things to add. Perhaps there will have to be a part b at some time.

That's all for now, I've got to go and check the weather and see how the Phillies did last night.
Later

No comments: