Monday, January 16, 2006

I've just discovered who I am................... a fundamentalist.
A couple of weeks ago our pastor at Stirling Baptist referred to me as a fundy in a joking (but he meant it) sort of way. I didn't think too much of that and let it roll off me because I know I don't hang out in the woods charming snakes or anything, I just believe God's word is simply that, GOD'S WORD. A couple of days ago I came accross an article where Rick Warren (Purpose Driven Life) was being interviewed. After reading that, I discovered that I truely am a fundy in the truest sense of the word. The interesting thing is that 'ol Rick then went on to say people like me are the greatest enemy of the 21st century. To read more, just click here. You won't believe how R.W. defines a fundy, it's amazing. What's really scary is that he is probably the most influential person in the Christian scene today. God help us, it's getting bad.
Marc

No comments: