Saturday, December 16, 2006


It Rains Here... A Lot!!

A couple of days ago Forrest Gump was on and I couldn't resist watching as it's one of my all time favorites. The scene where he's in Vietnam and it starts to rain had much more of an effect on me this time watching it as I could definitely relate.
It has been raining pretty much non stop for the last 5 weeks every day. Sometimes it falls straight down and sometimes it comes from the side like. Sometimes it's real stinging rain and other times it's big fat rain and sometimes it comes up and splashes you in the face. It just comes from everywhere.

As you can see by the picture above, we've had more than our fair share. The night before I took this it was even worse as all the grassy areas were covered and it spilled over the street. I couldn't get a shot as my camera batteries were dead. Some houses were flooded as the waters came half way up the first floor of their houses. This lake above is normally a soccer field by the way. We are thankful we didn't get flooded but we are defintely pretty water logged to say the least.
Yesterday Julie and Erin and I went out to Alva to knock on doors inviting people to our Christmas services at the church. Guess what, it was raining big fat rain which hampered our efforts somewhat. Erin was a real trooper as she held the umbrella while I held her and tried to get flyers out of my pocket. Speaking of trooper, I miss our Trooper (SUV). Enough said on that.
Today is the Kids Christmas Party, so we'll how that goes and report later.
By the way, we've started a blog for the church, www.hillfootsalvabaptist.blogspot.com
Hopefully real soon we'll have a real website.
Ok, gotta go get ready for the Kids Party.
Later,
Marc




No comments: