Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I cant believe its a week since I last wrote in this blog! Im sooo not keeping up with Jeff! I guess if we had a regular computer in a heated room I may be a bit more inclined to go there. Anyway, when we settle in Scotland, I promise I'll do better. Speaking of heat, I dont think many Kiwis care for central heat. I think they think we are spoiled and wimpy or something. They are a hardy bunch! Bob P. told us that "many are thawed, but few are frozen"! Heh!

Today was quite a shopping day! (I did work in the office a bit too.) We had to run around buying gifts, (on quite a budget I might add) for all the executive committee members in Dunedin. It couldn't be all chocolates or rubber chickens, but something creative and special for each of them. (Frank & Beckys idea... a good one, but more work, but better in the end.) Anyway, its a challenge when you don't know the stores or the isles to find things in. I know this sounds so petty, there are just some things that we take for granted. Enough about shopping! Ugggg.

I should say something about Easter. Here in New Zealand they take 4 days off! I mean, nothing is open save a few restaurants and churches. On Good Friday we went to the cathedral for an evening Tennenbrea service. It had scripture mixed with a choir that sounded like angels as it echoed through the halls... no mics... just pure old school cathedral candlelit reverend kind of thing. It was absolutely amazing! Just thinking quietly and reverently what Jesus went through for us! The only down side was that Liam had swooshy pants on and everytime he moved it made noise and Kayleigh wanted an interpretation of the speaker which she couldn't hear or understand. Those of you who have sat in one of those services on wooden pews on marble floors surrounded by concrete walls and pillars know how sound travels. Heh!

Sat. we celebrated Marcs birthday at Speights for a surprise lunch with about 12 friends. (By the way that morning we received a fabulous care package from the Millers and Zion friends! It was amazing...Veggie tales video, candy, Easter craft kits, eggs for a hunt... and so much more. It sure was a lifter! We looooove packages!) It was a difficult eve. cuz' we found out mom was in the hospital again for HBP. Its so hard being far away at times like this! I have to remind myself to trust in our Sovereign God that I am in the right place and that He is protecting and comforting her. Hey, while Im thinking of it, would you pray for her for healing and peace. Thanks! She is home now, but still going through some tests. I just want to give her a hug!

Sunday was Easter and we tried another church. I couldn't believe that the pastor didn't even mention Christs resurrection! Its Easter Sunday for crying out loud!!! The worship leader mentioned it between songs, and maybe Im just a traditional girl, but I missed the Easter message! It seams that they don't celebrate it quite the same here. Its all low key. It bothered me at first but I had to check myself to see what I celebrate. Is it tradition or my Gods Resurrection?! I know its Jesus, but I bet He is pleased when we enjoy each other and our little traditions too! I bet He would kick back and share a peanut butter chocolate egg with us if He was here in the flesh. :)

Right, so my toes are tingling now and My finger tips are so cold I cant feel them. Im going to sit on our little plug in heater box and then quickly jump in bed. Nighty night!
BTW... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFFEY WEFFEY!

No comments: